1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Constant pain in feet

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Oct 11, 2009.

  1. Unregistered

    Unregistered Guest

    Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I am an 18 yr old female who practises speed skating 1-2 times a week. Before I started this, I had some discomfort and mild cramping in my feet and pain in my ankles. The pain in my ankles has remained the same, and is generally sharp and painful, and comes and goes, particularly when I put pressure on them. Since I have started speed skating, the pain in my feet has become intense. It happens both when I am skating and when I am walking or practising other sports, but is most painful when I am skating due to the pressure on my feet. It feels as though they are cramping and the muscles are extremely tense. The inside of my feet feel as though there is an elastic band being stretched past its capacity. When I remove my skates, it takes 5-10 mins to fade. This is the same when I get it when I am not skating. I have tried stopping skating for a few months before, but it seemed to make no difference when I was walking or doing other sports.I have also found that I have pain in the joint at my big toe, and it also shoots up my ankle at the front.
  2. FootDoc

    FootDoc New Member

    I realize it might sound repetitive to those who have come here before, but the place to start with any good medically-founded recommendation is a hand-on examination and at least a working diagnosis. That being said, it is not infrequently the case that some sporting activities are simply inappropriate for some people, and that medical intervention for the purpose of allowing the activity to go on is not necessarily either possible or advisable. See a podiatrist or other appropriate medical specialist for a definitive evaluation and recommendation.

Share This Page